By Raymond J. Gill, Judith K. Brown (auth.), Philip A. Stansly, Steven E. Naranjo (eds.)
Bemisia tabaci (Gennedius) has exceptional itself from the greater than a thousand whitefly species on this planet through it adaptability, patience and capability to wreck quite a lot of agricultural and horticultural plants in all six of the world’s inhabited continents. B. tabaci inflicts plant harm via direct feeding, inducement of plant issues, vectoring of plant viruses and excretion of honeydew. This ebook collates a number of features of the pest starting from simple to utilized technology and molecular to panorama degrees of research. specialists in a number of disciplines supply vast, yet certain summaries and dialogue of taxonomy, genetics, anatomy, morphology, body structure, habit, ecology, symbiotic relationships, virus vector institutions and diverse strategies for built-in administration of this pest insect. The e-book is targeted totally on development over the past 10-15 years and is directed at employees within the box in addition to the expert expert who won't unavoidably focus on whitefly study. The booklet is exclusive in delivering huge assurance in particularly few chapters by way of well-known specialists that spotlight the cutting-edge in our knowing of this attention-grabbing yet complex cosmopolitan pest.
Read or Download Bemisia: Bionomics and Management of a Global Pest PDF
Best biophysics books
Within the final ten years there was a substantial bring up of curiosity at the proposal of the minimum mobilephone. With this time period we frequently suggest a cell-like constitution containing the minimum and enough variety of parts to be outlined as alive, or at the least able to showing many of the basic services of a residing phone.
This name is directed essentially in the direction of wellbeing and fitness care pros open air of the USA. it's a concise, easy-to-refer-to instruction manual of universal stipulations obvious generally perform and the way to regard them. every one situation is mentioned in a typical method that may be favourite to so much GPs – evaluation, together with background and exam, and administration.
- Biology of Earthworms
- Biogenic Amines
- The Minimal Cell: The Biophysics of Cell Compartment and the Origin of Cell Functionality
- Executive (Bio of a Space Tyrant, Vol 4)
- Lung Biology in Health & Disease Volume 222 Clinical Management of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, 2nd Edition
- The Neurobiology of Social Recognition, Attraction and Bonding (Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society series B)
Extra info for Bemisia: Bionomics and Management of a Global Pest
Adults, when known, are less useful even than pupae in most cases, nor are they much use in separating species within Bemisia itself (although see comments on the afer complex of species discussed below). Similar issues occur with many other species of whiteflies, not only in Bemisia- and Pealius-like species, but many other generic groups as well. In addition, many original descriptions are woefully inadequate by modern standards, adults are known for only a very small percentage of described species, and in many cases type material is not available or adequate for further study.
6) was used in the tropical Americas as a reliable field “diagnostic” for the B biotype as it rapidly invaded the region. Since the first report of silverleaf associated with the B biotype, two additional polyphagous populations have been discovered that also induce silvering in Cucurbita species, one from Uganda, referred to as non-B (Sseruwagi et al. 2005, 2006) and the other from the Reunion Islands, designated the “MS” biotype (Delatte et al. 2005). Phylogenetic analysis (COI) of the three population indicates that the B biotype and the non-B/MS haplotypes occupy different sister clades within the major North Africa-Mediterranean-Middle East clade (Delatte et al.
Bird J. 1957. A whitefly-transmitted mosaic of Jatropha gossypifolia. Tech. Paper. P. R. Agric. Exp. Stn. 22:1–35. Bird J, Maramorosch K. 1978. Viruses and virus diseases associated with whiteflies. Adv. Virus Res. 22:55–110. Brown JK, Caballero R, Torres-Jerez I. 1998a. ) and a possible case of cytoplasmic incompatibility as evidenced by unidirectional mating between uninfected and infected whiteflies. In Proceedings of The Whitefly-Geminivirus Workshop, Managua, Nicaragua, October 24–30, 1998.
Bemisia: Bionomics and Management of a Global Pest by Raymond J. Gill, Judith K. Brown (auth.), Philip A. Stansly, Steven E. Naranjo (eds.)